Washer Won't Do Final Spin....

Old 10-09-08, 03:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question Washer Won't Do Final Spin....

Hello all!
I've got a Whirlpool LAC45 00LD (?). It's an apartment washer and dryer, very old, with the dryer stacked upon the washer. The washer doesn't go thru the last spin cycle. It'll go thru the others but not the last one.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much and may God bless!
Peter

Old 10-09-08, 03:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Sry model # did not work. Are you sure it is spinning or agitating. Open lid and hold down lid switch and see if see if agit or spins. I would guess at a bad drive coupler if not spinning. Manually turn timer to different positions.

Old 10-09-08, 03:51 AM
I'm working on a better number for ya.
Yeah, I should have been a bit more clear. It goes thru the other cycles including one of the spin cycles just not the last spin cycle.
We tried running it thru different cycles to no avail...still can't get the last spin to, well, uh, spin!
God bless pugsl!
Peter

Old 10-09-08, 12:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have not seen your problem, 2 things I can think of First is there is oil on the clutch, Put timer in last spin and see if basket turns and if it dose see if you can hold it with a little bit of pressure, Be sure to hold lid switch down. If it's not doing anything in spin than I would say it's timer. Just though of something you might have a bad lid switch, reach under top and push up on lid switch, switch bodt should not move. another way to check switch is to open consul and jumper the white and black wires and see if spins. do not jumper to green wire.

Old 10-09-08, 02:59 PM
I'll have to post later on that to and cross the wires but here's the number...LAC4500L0 That's the best I can do. Hope someone can reference it to something.
Thanks and God bless,
Pete

Old 10-10-08, 04:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Model # look like a Maytag or Ammna model # but still could not get to work. Info I gave only works on Whrilpool types.

Old 10-10-08, 04:17 AM
Hey pugsl!
Yup, it's a Whirlpool. I'll have to get over there to check out the info you gave and I'll post back.
thanks so much for your help on this!
God bless,
Pete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: