Neff dishwasher bo water issue

Old 10-20-08, 01:58 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Neff dishwasher bo water issue

Hope i explain this properly.
No matter what cycle I put the dw on no water comes in.
1st. I cleaned all the filters etc - still nothing.

2nd. I took plastic cover off where below it is a small plastic impellor sticking out. There was one little orange pip and nothing else that looked as if it was blocked.

3rd. Removed a large grey screwcap and below it into the base of the dw the water was right up to the top of this. From reading online, this affects the float so i cleared all the water out until not a drop inside. Tried again and still nothing.

4th. Looked at the end of the hose under the sink. There is some electrical kit round the hose right at the shutoff. Took this off and turned the water on. There is def water up to this electrical part.

My problem is now, where do i go from here.
I have tried to take off the door as it is a built in unit.
I took out 2 long screws that were in the side but there are other screws but they look as if they are for the dishwasher and not for the door. I am going to the kitchen builder tomorrow so they can show me.
But what do i check now...
I got the dw working with the door open and the impellor doesnt turn.. is this normal when the water is not coming in...

Could be float be stuck and how easy is it to unstick or is it the inlet valve ... am struggling as to what to check next...
hope this is of some help

Old 10-20-08, 03:23 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Remove the toe-kickplate to access down where the fill valve is. Then voltmeter test to see if 120 volts energizes the fill valve solenoid when it is time for it to fill.

If it is not there, then let us know.

If current DOES energize there, then shut off the water under your sink, disconnect the line at the fill valve, and look in the inlet to see if anything clogging the inlet/screen.

If not, then rig up something to try to catch water from the water line and then have a helper turn on the water while you see if water comes out.

By impeller, you are probably refering to the spray arm. Water should turn it.

The float would only be the cause, if somehow at your last wash, the water did not shut off, and the safety shut-off float rose to the top and got stuck up there. I doubt this is it.

Tomorrow is my big day with dishwashers. Have to change out pump and motor in otherwise good unit.

Old 10-21-08, 02:53 AM
D
thanks for the reply will give it a go.
The impellor was my description of a small white plastic cog wheel that looks as if it is driven by a motor shaft
hopefully this will work.
thanks again

Old 10-21-08, 02:57 PM
D
took off front plate and have side plate off
i put 3 pints of water in dishwasher and it went to the next stage of filling with water.
But when it finished and i tried again without filling it with water it was back to normal.
took off side and tried to figure it out.
The 2 plastic see through chambers are filling with water..

It then activates the red float switch. it seems to be stuttering. Going up and down. not travelling very far. As if it was a valve that was being turned on and off quickly. I can hear the switch above it clicking on and off....
if i play about with it keep it pressed down or lift it up the contact at the side, it eventually starts the dishwasher and it then completes every cycle...

it does look quite dark round the area where the float switch isbut i am not sure if it lookslike that normally or there is crap in it.
I have taken a couple of pics of it would it be helpfulif i posted them up somewhere to enable me to explain it better
thanks in advance

Old 10-21-08, 05:57 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
So it will fill with water only if you put water in it to begin with?

If when it is empty, and you add 3 pints, then how high is the water level inside?

The float is supposed to be down, when it fills with water. But even if it appears to be, or is, and you have such a bizarre problem, I'd say it warrants checking out the float switch's electrical function, to see what is going on, with a test meter.

As far as the float switch fluttering: I can see how that could happen if you are adding additional water, and the level reached a certain point where high water would try to trip the switch. But the water level, bobbing up and down, is causing the float to bob up and down, and activate and deactivate, repitiously.

Old 11-04-08, 04:58 PM
D
Working

Thanks for your help with this dishwasher. Have now got it working. Many thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: