Maytag Dryer - Works but no heat

Old 11-10-08, 03:13 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Dryer - Works but no heat

Hello, I have a Maytag LDE 882 Electric dryer which works for the most part, but has no heat while running. I am currently searching the Lint trap line to see if I can find a clog, but any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

OK. So I have tried to re-set the circuit breaker and the lint trap and lines are no clogged. What would be the next thing to look for? Also, is there a way to get a manual on this dryer or a generic idea of what the inside of this thing looks like? Thank you again!

Last edited by jahbsu13; 11-10-08 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Things I tried
Old 11-10-08, 04:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Here is a link to your machine
MAYTAG | Model #LDE882 | MAYTAG LAUNDRY | SearsPartsDirect.com
dose it not heat or dose it heat and not dry? If it heats and dose not dry check vent to outside, It it dose not heat check thermostats and heater for continuity. Ther should be a wireing diagram under consul.

Old 11-11-08, 07:21 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Generic things:

Especially if you have house fuses, as opposed to circuit breakers, you want to make sure 240 volts is making it to the dryer recepticle. Just because the dryer spins does not mean it is getting the needed 240 volts.

Then you want to open the dryer and ohms test the element to see if it is good or burned out.

We can instruct further if you have ability and multimeter to test for these.

Old 11-11-08, 10:17 AM
J
Thank you, I will try when i get home tonight and hopefully am able to get it working.

It runs, but it has no heat. That is the problem I am having.

Old 01-11-09, 04:51 PM
J
Tested

Hello,

I realize it has been a while since I last posted, but I have tested the outlet and the heating element. The outlet tested as it was supposed to, at 240 but the element tested for 0 Ohms. Is it supposed to test at 0 or what is is supposed to test at? Do i need to replace it or is there another problem existing somewhere else?

Thank you again for your help!

Jeff

Old 01-11-09, 05:56 PM
heater elements are usually about 10 ohms or infinity(bad part). may want to double check

Old 01-12-09, 07:01 AM
J
It did seem odd to me as well, so i checked several times trying different areas. The only place where I got anything at was where the wires were connected at a terminal type area. But again, it was at 0 ohms, so i may not be doing it correctly?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: