Taking off the back of a Kenmore clothes dryer

Old 11-15-08, 05:43 PM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking off the back of a Kenmore clothes dryer

I usually hang out in the HVAC section, since that's my work. i have a question about replacing the motor in a Kenmore clothes dryer.

The motor is bound up and I have the new one I need. I took off the front cover, but seems I have to take off the back to replace the motor. I took the screws out of the back, but the back is spot-welded on . . . what would an appliance pro do??

Old 11-16-08, 05:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Give model # and will walk you through it, Not hard.

Old 11-16-08, 12:40 PM
O
It's model 110.76912690

I don't think I will have any problem once I get the back taken off.

Old 11-16-08, 02:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
back dose not come off that model. here is how to get to motor.
UNPLUG MACHINE FIRST
Remove 2 screws from front of consul in corners. pull consul toward you and tilt up. remove 3 1/4 screws in back of top. slide top to you and remove. remove lower panel use a stiff putty knife and push in on top of spring clips about 4 inches from each edge pull panel out while pushing clip down; Remove
4 1/4 screws from corner of front panel unplug switch wires. if belt is still there look at how it's threaded. Take belt off and remove drum. reverse to put together.
Use 1/2 drive extension in front of blower. The blower is held on with left hand threads. Let us know how repair came out. Should take about a hour

Old 11-30-08, 05:26 PM
O
Thank You, pugsl

Your reply came just as I was leaving there, where the dryer was. Two weeks later, I returned and fixed it with your help.

Your time of about an hour turned out to be optimistic for me. There was about 5 tons of lint in there, and I fought the blower wheel for a while before I saw the part that said "remove this way" which was clockwise. I had used WD-40 to help me tighten it more.

The wiring instructions that came with the motor sucked for a non-appliance-pro. Live and learn, hopefully.

Anyway I got it done and saved 300 bucks. Thank You

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: