Kenmore fills, but nothing else

Old 11-15-08, 11:26 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore fills, but nothing else

Hi friends!

I have a 10 year old top load Kenmore washing machine (110.26844691) full of water. It will fill, but nothing else: won't spin, agitate, or drain. I don't hear any humming, clicking, or anything. My wife said she thought she smelled something burning. After she told me, I went to have a look at it but I didn't smell anything.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 11-16-08, 06:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Unusual problem First try to turn timer knob a couple of clicks and see if washer starts or turn timer to spin and try it. If that works than you need a timer. Usual problems with your machie are lid switch and drive couplers. Lid switch it will not spin and drain, With drive coupler it will drain but not agitate or spin.
Let us know whats happening will try to help more.

Old 11-16-08, 09:31 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you pugsl! I searched some more and found this post from dave6466. Then I found this slide show and followed the instructions to jump the switch and it works now, confirming that the lid switch has failed.

Since we don't have any children, and this machine will die in our possession at some point, I think I'll remove the cabinet and permanently connect the two wires and save myself the $30 to replace the switch. If my wife needs to stop the machine during the spin cycle, she can just turn off the machine.

I appreciate your help pugsl

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: