Noisy GE Profile Dryer

Old 11-22-08, 09:11 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Noisy GE Profile Dryer

Have noticed that when the dryer is running, it is very noisy.
The dryer is a GE Profile model # DPSB613GD0WW and is 4 yrs old. It is not a metallic or scraping sound but a humming, growling type of sound. I've cleaned out the excess lint in front & rear ducts. I've opened it up to inspect/clean the inside of the unit. I didn't find much lint build-up inside. I did notice lint accumulating on & in the dryer motor so I removed it & blew it away. I inspected the drive belt, dryer drum slides, idler pulley, rear drum bearing, & front drum bearing. The drive belt shows no damage or excessive wear. The dryer drum slides show normal wear, grooves are present but not excessively deep. The idler pulley appears in good condition. The rear drum bearing appears in good condition. Front drum bearing is not damaged. The dryer drum itself is in excellent shape & not misshapen. I re-installed the motor and put everything back together and still this noise is present.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jrseven; 11-22-08 at 09:15 AM. Reason: wrong forum
Old 01-11-09, 10:02 AM
J
I have exactly the same issue you describe on my GE dryer. Did you manage to find a solution?

Jim

Old 01-11-09, 12:13 PM
real good chance its the rear bearing

Old 01-26-09, 10:13 AM
Trouble getting in....

I just purchased a used GE DPSB513EBOWW Profile dryer and I don't see how to get to the inside of the dryer so I can find the noise? Must not be knocking on the right door... Could someone give me a clue..
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Old 01-26-09, 12:33 PM
I just purchased a used GE DPSB513EBOWW Profile dryer and I don't see how to get to the inside of the dryer so I can find the noise? Must not be knocking on the right door...
I think I may be able to find it if I could figure the combination for getting into the dryer.
Not the asme as my Kenmore was.
Steve

Old 01-26-09, 02:45 PM
open door and remove the 2 screws at the top
take top panel off
remove 2 screws on inside near top
remove front panel and set it close to the rest of dryer
remove top screw on the left or right near the bottom so drum can come out easier
remove belt
remove drum

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: