Safety Pin Dropped inside Lint Chute of Maytag Dryer

Old 11-22-08, 03:31 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safety Pin Dropped inside Lint Chute of Maytag Dryer

Hi: I always check my son's work clothes for screws, papers, etc. but today I missed a safety pin. It went through the wash and the drying cycle, but when I went to clean the lint filter, the pin was there and dropped down to the bottom of the lint chute. I tried to get it out, but instead it went further back and I can't see it now. My Maytag Dryer is Model LDE7500ADW, probably from the 1990's (I inherited it when I moved into the house). The lint filter is in the front bottom. How do I get inside the chute. My husband opened the back, but only saw the motor and cleaned that and then he undid the vent, but nothing but some dirt, and cleaned that. No safety pin came out either time. The dryer runs alright and I'm actually drying a load now, but my question is: Will keeping the pin inside do any harm as it's so thin? Thanks for any help

Old 11-22-08, 06:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sort of like swallowing a small object. It will pass. Most likely it will remain between the filter and the dryer duct outlet indefinitely or until the dryer is upended with the dryer hose removed. You could probably access it with a vacuum cleaner via the duct outlet. Presently I wouldn't worry about it as it is just an air passageway.

Old 11-24-08, 03:43 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chandler

Thank you, Chandler for your comments. I was hoping someone would say what you did. We did vacuum all the openings in the back of the dryer, and the silver hose vent, and down the chute. I've done 1 dryer load and everything fine and no burning smells. I always do my wash and dry cycles while I'm home as I live in a townhouse complex and the strata prefers people do this as on one occasion one unit left while the washing machine was on and it broke down and water ruined that unit as the laundry closet is on the third floor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: