centrifical swith

Old 12-03-08, 05:24 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
centrifical swith

Maytag dryer motor model S58NXMMY-6739 needs a new centrifical switch. The parts store tells me I need to replace the entire motor, which still runs. Does anyone know if I can? It looks like it is just bolted on the side of the motor? Where do I find the switch?

Old 12-03-08, 06:03 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The best you can hope for is to see if you can remove that switch and open it up and see if you see arced points that can be filed. And this applies if the problem really is the switch and not some load being placed on the motor that the motor cannot overcome. (Like gummy roller bearings, gummy idler pulley bearing - to name a couple)

Old 12-03-08, 06:21 PM
J
I was affraid that might be the response. I thank you very much for the quick response. Happy Holidays

Old 12-03-08, 09:51 PM
H
If you are really lucky, I have found that lint sometimes will force the start switch open, and removed power from the start winding, then it wil hum, and only try to start. 51 is right on, take the switch apart, making sure you have marked where all the wires go. Parts will want to fall out, so take care, you might save yourself 50 to 80 bucks.

H.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: