Kenmore front load washer won't drain

Old 12-07-08, 03:48 PM
Kenmore front load washer won't drain

I have a Kenmore front load washer Model 11046472501 Serial number HLT0416208 that will not drain. It stopped and all the lights are flashing. I could not get the machine to cycle out the water. The drain hose is not blocked and a small amount of water drained out when I lowered it. There is a couple inches of water in the machine that will not pump out. The machine does not spin.
Do you have suggestions for repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-08, 03:53 PM
I had the same one when it would not drain. It was because the drain hose was hanging to low when I proped it up the washer would work

Old 12-07-08, 04:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Take off the lower front panel. The water pump is right there with a screw on cap. Loosen cap and drain water into a low pan. Careful there is about 5 to 6 gallons of water inside. After water is out remove white cap and clean out trap there. put finger in hole to see if impeller is free. If you still have a problem after cleaning pump you may need a pump.
Tech sheet is taped to lower panel and will tell you how to get into test cycle. Keep us posted on how repairs went Tks.

Old 12-07-08, 05:34 PM
This worked.

I could not find anythning about this filter in the manual.

It should be listed in the manual as maintenance that should be performed regularly. The filter should be cleaned every few months to keep the drain flowing properly. The filter was clogged with coins and a lot of dog hair from washing rugs.

It is very easy to clean and would be easier if cleaned before it clogged and kept the water from draining.

Just take out the 3 screws holding on the lower front panel and screw out the filter, wash it out, and replace. Any water in the tub can be draineed into a pan or small bucket.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-16-10, 08:17 PM
Thank you very much for your simple to follow instructions. Our new ( as in the one year warranty had just expired ) Kenmore front load washer quit working and would not drain. Thanks to you explaining about the lower panel, 3 screws, manual taped on the inside of the panel and the cleaning of the filter. You saved us having to wait a week for a Sears technician and $70.00 just to look at it!!
When we called Sears we got somebody at a Phillipino call centre that was of no use. I'm cutting up my Sears Card and sending it to the President so he can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Old 02-16-10, 08:20 PM
See my comment to flyfish7Beer 4U2Beer 4U2