GE Potscrubber 800 DW

Old 12-08-08, 04:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Potscrubber 800 DW

We bought our house a year ago and after receiving a report that the DW ran loud from our home inspector, we knew we'd eventually have to do some work on it. Thank goodness my hubby's a great handyman. We made it over a year without it petering out on us but tonight it finally did. The dishwasher started along with the obnoxiously loud sound that typically comes from it as it starts up and ran for all of five minutes before we heard the noise get really loud and then it just stopped. My husband tried to forward the dial to see if it did anything else with no luck. We thought it might be a timer of some sort or a part that makes the dishwashing process go from beginning to end but this will be our first dishwasher repair so we're not really sure on the schematics and how it all works. The noise we hear (or heard prior to tonight) was a loud grinding sound...maybe a timer...or gear or something.

The dishwasher is a GE Potscrubber 800 and I'm sure quite old. The label on the inside gave the following information. Any help or ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

Mod: GSD800X.66BA
Ser: SM764370B
Appliance Park: 400225
120V/60hz
Motor: 5.2 amps
Heater: 4.4 amps
Total Current: 8.6amps
There was another long number underneath all of that: 206C1459P001

Any help or ideas would be so greatly appreciated. And...once we diagnose what part it is...where do we get parts for this dishwasher?

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-08, 04:12 PM
I have not done dishwashers for a long time, but the noise is probably coming from the motor, rather than the timer. Motor is located under the dishwasher, in the center. Good luck.

H.

Old 12-10-08, 03:52 AM
Thanks! My husband took the timer out (I think that's what it was...behind the door panel) and made it turn and it did sound like the sound we were hearing. It does however make sense that the motor is not working to turn the timer correctly therefore finally giving out and causing the dishwasher to shut down. Of course, this is all coming from and idiot when it comes to understanding how appliances work.

When it comes to parts, do any of you have a recommendation on where to get parts for a GE? I believe Sears supports Kenmore appliances so we aren't thinking we could get one there.

Old 12-10-08, 04:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Sears has parts for most appliances but you can go online and Google GE parts and find many sellers. Also local appliance parts stores usually have parts needed. I like local you can talk to people and ask questions.