GE refrigerator Model: TFX22CRDA BB

Old 12-13-08, 09:14 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE refrigerator Model: TFX22CRDA BB

Hi all...

I have a GE side-by-side model TFX22CRDA BB that just started dripping water from the outside water dispenser.

Water flows fine and when you remove the glass there is a steady drip that slows after a couple minutes but does not stop...

Has any one seen this before? If so, is it fixable by a DIY person or do I need a technician or new refrigerator?

Thanks!!

Old 12-14-08, 11:04 AM
H
What I would suspect is the water valve that turns on the water to the door. Located in the back, lower right hand conner of the refrigerator as you are standing behind the appliance. The water in the door valve will have the larger water line going from it to inside the refrigerator section.

H.

Old 12-15-08, 07:10 AM
B
Thanks himeros...

Is that a valve that is easily accessible and replaceable? Would any local appliance shop have one on hand or would I have to go back to GE?

Old 12-15-08, 08:43 AM
H
Either place should have it. The water in the door and the icemaker water valves are different, so be sure to get the right one, if in doubt turn off the water to the refrigerator, and take it in.

H.

Old 12-22-08, 11:05 AM
B
himeros-

Thanks for the tip on the valve. My model GE refrigerator actually has a single part "dual" valve that controls both water dispenser (larger tube) and ice maker (smaller tube).

My local appliance parts store had the part on-hand for $40 and I was able to replace it in less than an hour - saved a lot of money with your help!

I am posting the model and replacement part information below in case a future member needs to search.

Model: GE TFX22CRDA
Replacement Part: WR57X10051 Water Valve Kit
Link: "WR57X10051" Parts from RepairClinic.com

Thanks!!

Bulldog

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: