Frigidaire dishwasher not washing????

Old 12-21-08, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire dishwasher not washing????

This is less than 2 yrs. old. It is the Pro-Series. I seldom use it. My last old dishwasher would get calcium deposits. I just put hot water in it, & then it'd be ok & start washing.
This is throwing me. Are there any Frigidaire repair ppl. that can give me helpful hints?
I've added hot water, vinegar, played w/ the overfill protector. The book said if it doesn't pop up, that they're maybe calcium deposits. It pops up & nothing wrong w/ that area. I've been toying w/ this, trying every option my head can think of & can't figure it out.
It isn't filling. It isn't washing. The water isn't coming inside of it like normal. It's draining fine. I've thrown hot water inside of it, & it drained fine. I've been playing w/ the control panel & now just need to stop. Just took out all the dirty dishes & washed them by hand.
Can anyone suggest anything?
Tina

Old 12-21-08, 05:58 PM
D
It's not filling with water? Big clue. The water is turned to the machine, right? [not insulting you but maybe someone turned it off without telling you?] If you have water going to the DW then check the water inlet valve. You'll need to see if you're getting voltage to the terminals on the valve. if yes, bad valve or maybe the vavles' inlet screen is clogged in which case replace the valve anyway coz debris usually gets in the valve. Can you post the model #?

Old 12-23-08, 09:56 AM
Hi, the model # is:PLD2855RFC1
It is not filling w/ water. It makes the sounds & kinda sounds like a chain is moving in there...but no water, no washing. I seldom use it...but everytime I used it in the past, it filled w/ water & washed.
The water line is under my sink. It's 2 angle valves, hot & cold. I installed a faucet, which is working fine, a few wks. ago. If I turned on the water to my faucet, isn't it also lined up w/ my dishwasher?
No one turned off the water.
But when I look under the sink, I can't find the line that goes to the dishwasher....
I had an installation man hook this up.........
Doubt there's debris, cause I barely used it.... & things were not that dirty.
Ok, any other suggestions will be great. I can send pics....

Old 12-23-08, 05:28 PM
D
It sounds like a case of the missing water line. Maybe the water line was accidently disconnected when the faucet was installed? Take the kickplate off the bottom of the DW and try tracing the incoming water line back out and see where it goes. Pics would be great. Thanks.

Old 12-27-08, 08:16 AM
Ok I will look. I will send pics later.

Old 12-27-08, 10:36 AM
Daddyjohn,
I took off the kick plate today. Everything looks good. I followed the lines.....
I FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL. I HAD THE WATER TURNED OFF TO THE DISHWASHER! When I installed the kitchen faucet, I turned off all angle valves. There are 3....2 for the kitchen faucet & 1 for my dishwasher. Since the garbage disposal blocked my view of that valve, I WAS POSITIVE all lines were on.
I had forgotten to turn on that 1 line....it's been MONTHS.
It is working GREAT! Thank you for that advice...is got me thinking & following the lines & well, surprise, I found the 3rd line.
ARG!!!!

Old 12-27-08, 10:25 PM
D
Glad to hear you got it going. It beats paying someone to come out only to find the water turned off. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: