my Maytag Neptune washer door won't "unlock"

Old 01-17-09, 10:46 AM
my Maytag Neptune washer door won't "unlock"

Maytag Neptune washer door won't "unlock" i would like to know how to get it open so i can see whats wrong. i put it service mode, then in board test mode and and hit extra rinse. and that is said to unlock the door, it makes a few sounds like it is trying to get the thing to unlock it but it just wont open. what can i do to get the door open? thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-09, 11:17 AM
well in a fit of rage i ripped the top cover of the washer. and i think it will be fixed for now that i can do things manually with the lock and unlock. for any one that has a looked door looking for help. there is a green plastic string type thing in where you put your detergent pull that for the door to unlock.

Old 01-17-09, 11:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it lock and unlock normally now? If not you probably will need a wax motor and control board. Look in consul and check board there for a burnt resistor. Machine is junk I would not repair it.

Old 01-17-09, 04:31 PM
this thing just did 4 loads with out a problem. it was stuck for some reason but now that i got it unjammed is doing ok. i will keep my fingers crossed that nothing else happens.

Old 03-30-09, 05:15 PM
Thanks Wadman!

See, this is what the Internet was invented for. That little green string, whose existence was unknown to me moments ago, is now going to save me hours of frustration.

Thanks again!

- Mike

Old 10-29-13, 12:13 PM
Ah! Your tip saved my husband several pair of blue jeans, and several work shirts and a pair of socks. He started his laundry the other night, the neptune refused to complete the washing. It went dead on us. Then the next day Dean decided to try again, plugged in, shut door, nothing, except that the door locked. I had to unscrew the part of the dispenser that had the lid part that opens to put in the detergent in order to see the little green plastic string, but once I lifted off that part, I saw it, pulled and the hostage clothes were free! They smell awful, but they are rescued. Thanks so much.