Hotpoint Refrig not cooling

Old 01-24-09, 09:00 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hotpoint Refrig not cooling

I have a hotpoint hss22if which isn't cooling properly. The grid around the fan motor on the bottom rear was very dirty. After I cleaned it real good the refrig cooling did improve but it is still not normal...this is happening with both the refrig & freezer...please help

Old 01-24-09, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
If the compressor and fan are running there is one thing you can check.

Inside the freezer compartment behind a cover there is a cooling coil that could be blocked with frost.
These fridges use a timer to automatically defrost the coil daily and if this system has failed, ice may be blocking this coil.
The coil will either be on the back wall or the bottom and you would need to unplug the fridge then remove the cover.

If you see a heavy build up of frost then this could be your problem.
You could temporarily defrost the coil by unplugging the fridge but the problem with the defrost system would need to be fixed.

If there is no frost build up then you could have a problem with the compressor and you would need to call someone to look at it.

Old 01-24-09, 11:19 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick response...I won't have access to the frig until the 1st of next week but I'll look at the cooling coil and see if it is blocked.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: