Kenmore Dishwasher Spray Arms Don't Spin

Old 02-22-09, 10:48 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Kenmore Dishwasher Spray Arms Don't Spin

My diswasher will fill up with water and also heat up and drain properly but there is no action with the spray arms. I believe there is enough water in the dishwasher, the water will fill up just about touching the entire heating element. After filling up the dishwasher will hum when its suppose to be washing with the spray arms. Don't really know if its the motor or not. What could be the causes of this problem. Just wondering if its worth having somebody fix this problem, just wondering if something may be loose or just not enough pressure.

Old 02-22-09, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Not a dishwasher expert...but sounds like the motor or the pump. Could be something broken or jammed in the pump..or a frozen motor or bad capacitor.

Are you getting any water spray at all?

IIRC these things are pretty easy to access from underneath.

The appliance guys will be around...but its been pretty slow today.

Old 02-22-09, 12:42 PM
M
No Spray At All

There is no spray at all, it will just make a litle humming kind of noise with no activity to clean dishes. The water gets nice and hot and when you open it there is plenty of steam.

Old 02-22-09, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Yeah...motor or pump...but theres not much more I can tell you. I can figure things out when I have my hands and eyes on it...but not this. The Pro's will be around in time.

If its relatively new..prob worth fixing..the guys can guide you through. If over 5-7 yrs old..might be worth replacing. Prob with replacing is...I see a lot of folks who are very disappointed in newer dishwashers performance compared to the old ones.

Old 03-02-09, 04:33 PM
M
Could somebody please tell me if they think this is a pump or motor problem and if its worth fixing. The dishwasher is a Kenmore and its five years old

Old 03-03-09, 08:25 PM
G
It could me the motor, however, you need to check for debris that might be stopping the motor from running. Broken glass or other hard debris can easily stop the motor from running. The only way to check is to take it apart from the inside to get down to the pump/impeller area. Providing a model number would be helpful since Kenmore products are built my many manufacturers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: