Whirlpool dishwasher doesn't completely drain.

Old 03-12-09, 07:21 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool dishwasher doesn't completely drain.

My dishwasher is leaving a pool of water in the grate area of the tub. The water is high enough to cover the grate. Sometimes it's just below the grate.
Just using this site for reference. DU810SWKU0

1. I pulled the dishwasher and replaced the drain hose. Checked the port in the disposal and made sure it wasn't clogged with junk. Put the dishwasher back, and let it run through a complete cycle. Water still collecting & not draining all the way.

2. Pulled dishwasher again. Check to see if motor was spinning the impeller in the housing. Good. Doesn't appear to be clogged, but I did not disassemble the whole housing unit. I didn't exactly know how to, and didn't want to break it. I'm good at breaking hard plastic stuff.

3. Cleaned out the seperator. The one tube that goes to the drain hose had a rubber flap/door inside of it. Looks like it's supposed to open and let the water out when it drains. That rubber flap then closes to not allow drain water back in. Well, it looked gunked up pretty good, so I took it out and cleaned it up. Put it back in.

4. Those hose that goes from the seperator to the impeller housing was clean. Drain hose to the disposal is clean. Large elbow shaped hose from the tub to the impeller housing is clean.

I put it all together and let it cylce. Still leaving water in that grate area. The water is high enough to cover the grate. Sometimes it's just below the grate. Is it supposed to be bone dry when cycle is complete?

Old 03-14-09, 06:44 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rufus5
. The water is high enough to cover the grate. Sometimes it's just below the grate. Is it supposed to be bone dry when cycle is complete?
There should be some water leftover to keep the trap filled so gasses don't come back into the home, the same way any sink or shower works. I have Whirlpool gold washer about 6 years old, the water is below the grate. I suspect that the water is seeping back into the washer via the drain hose.
I have used this site for parts and info. They are great to do business with.

Appliance Parts from RepairClinic.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: