Kenmore washer F51 code?

Old 03-17-09, 08:47 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washer F51 code?

Of course we've owned our washer long enough that the initial warranty expired. It is about 2 years old. We do use it often. It's model #110.27072602
Recently it stops during use and lets off an audible alert, as it flashes F 51. Some uses it will not do it at all, other uses it will stop and display this several times. Any suggestions?

Old 03-17-09, 01:47 PM
whirlpool came out with new software to prevent that code from tripping. only problem is you have to replace the whole machine control board to get it. if that doesnt work they also came out with a new rotor position sensor and harness.

Old 03-20-09, 03:40 PM
B
Thanks for the advice. Just to clarify before I buy anything, is the control board I want #1 on the below diagram:
KENMORE ELITE | Model #11027072602 | RESIDENTIAL WASHER | CONTROL PANEL PARTS | SearsPartsDirect.com

Is there anything else aside from those 2 parts I may have to look into?

Old 03-20-09, 06:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Before you buy anything part 20 under motor is the sensor that sets the code. Tilt washer back so you can work under it and take off the motor rotor. 1 bolt in center of round piece. (Strong magnet) take wire coil off remember how it lines up, unplug and plug in wire to RPS sensor. This was the repair until they came up with new parts. Put it back together and try it. Code F51 will stay in memory no way to erase it. They had a problem with wire connection. RPS and control board have been redesigned, I always replace RPS first. Could need both.

Old 03-21-09, 04:06 AM
yes #1

what pugsl is talking about is sometimes you can get the code to stop if you unplug the wire going to the rps sensor 5 times or so to make sure there is a good connection.

if you do monkey with it be very careful when you take it apart to note how all the pieces go so you can get it back together.

i replace the control first instead of rps because its a lot easier and ive only seen one machine that replacing the control didnt work. plus its 5 mins compared to 30 mins. those boards go bad all the time anyway then youll have a spare.

Old 04-09-09, 07:33 AM
B
I finally got around to looking at the washer. I tried the connection at the rps switch first since my labor costs me nothing. 5 loads later, seems to be working fine. I'll let you know if it starts up again. Thanks for the help and advice. Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: