Kenmore Dishwasher

Old 03-28-09, 04:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Dishwasher

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model # 665.1701 purchased 4/06
The other day the green clean light started flashing and now it wouldn't do anything. When you push the start button it just flashes. I completely cut the power to it thinking it would reset but no luck.
Any ideas on whats wrong and how to fix it. Thanks

Old 03-28-09, 08:40 AM
A
If the light is only flashing when you press the start button it sounds like the controls may be locked. Some dishwashers have a lock feature that will lock the controls so that kids can’t start the dishwasher. When the lock is on and you try to press any button the lights flash. I don’t know if your dishwasher has this feature or not but its worth looking into. If your dishwasher has the feature you should see a small symbol shaped like a pad lock, press and hold that button for three seconds and it should unlock. However if your dishwasher does not have this feature is sounds like the main control board but I can’t say for sure. For more on do-it-yourself appliance repair visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances

Old 03-28-09, 08:43 AM
A
Also I am not sure if disconnecting the power will take it out of lock mode or not.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: