GE Oven displaying wrong temperature

Old 05-11-09, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Oven displaying wrong temperature

My son has a GE model GRMR3500ZWW (around 2003 model) stove that displays the wrong temperature. For example the elements work, but if he sets the temperature to say 450 the display shows the temperature going up to and then displays 450, but the oven is luke warm, not even close to being at that temperature. I'm thinking faulty thermostat, but I still have an old manual stove nothing digital about it, so I don't know about the electronics.
I have tried searching the GE site for a diagram to no avail, and the "problem solver" section of the Use and care guide is pretty useless in this regard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-09, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check your owners manual for a recalibration procedure for the oven temperature. Frankly I think that the oven temperature probe has lost it's calibration. I could not find any info for your unit, can you recheck the model #? Oven probes are fairly generic and should test out at 1000 ohms [give or take a little- like 5%] resistance at 77 degrees F. Shut off the power to the range, locate the probe in the oven, unplug it and check its resistance with a digital VOM and also get an idea what the temp surrounding the probe is when you test it. Let us know what you find. Thanks.