Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to put a Built in Diswasher in a Portable Dishwasher cabinet?

Old 05-11-09, 04:30 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a Portable Kenmore Dishwasher that the motor died and I can buy a built in Dishwasher cheaper than a New Portable dishwasher.
I am just not sure if a New built in dishwasher will fit in the Old Portable dishwasher cabinet.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-11-09, 06:49 PM
even if it would work wouldnt it be easier to fix the motor?

Old 05-12-09, 04:16 AM
W
Possible but....

we are selling the house and it has warranty on appliances. They said it needed a motor and pump assembly and they offered us 329 sears card instead of fixing it.
It is a Portable and there is no cabinet space to fit a built into and the New Portables are 550 and up where as the built in's are 284 from sears.

That is why I would like to buy a New built in and fit it into this Kenmore Portable cabinet. The old dishwasher, even though is portable, has been hooked up under the sink to the drain and water line and does not connect to facuet and drain in sink.

Old 05-13-09, 03:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Conversion kit from portable to fixed 6 years ago was over 200.00$. Have never seen a kit to go the other way.

Old 05-13-09, 02:59 PM
If the house is not under contract yet, I suggest removing the dishwasher and added plumbing completely. Technically there are a bunch of fine lines as to whether or not the dishwasher is even considered part of the house and a bunch of potential inspection issues if you leave it in place. Even more potential issues if you rig up a replacement somehow in the old case. Don't set yourself up for hurt.

If you are under contract, you need to discuss acceptable solutions with your buyer, not us...

Doug M.

Old 05-13-09, 11:24 PM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
it can be done though your best off making your own kit. someone did that on ebay. made a wooden box with wheels to hold the dishwasher and used hoses and stuff to make it work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: