dishwasher doesn't get water

Old 05-24-09, 09:38 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question dishwasher doesn't get water

after 2 washes ,it stopped getting water.checked water valves under the sink (anything that I could turn on or off....I am not experienced)There is nothing that looks broken..........Help.holiday weekend..may be something zi can do. It is a Whirlpool.cheap one. last years model.
Thanks so much!!!!!!
Jan

Old 05-25-09, 04:52 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So you're sure the water is turned on the the DW? Look inside the DW for a float and see if it's stuck in the up position. That float is an overfill shutoff. If it's up, the water valve circuit is interrupted. If that's ok, next thing to do is take off the bottom plate on the front [usually refered to as the kickplate or toe plate]. Locate the water valve; you'll see the water line go to an electric valve, that's the water valve. Start the machine and see if you can hear the valve click open. If yes and there's no water entering the machine, replace the valve. If no, trace the wires back to the little switch underneath that the float operates. try jumping out the switch and see if the machine now gets water. I'm sure you know to turn off the power when you go to jump out the switch but I thought I would mention it as a freindly reminder. Can you post the model #? Let us know what you find, thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: