Whirlpool Gold Conquest GS6SHEXNS00 Refrigerator Door Clicks Makes Noise

Old 05-28-09, 09:48 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Gold Conquest GS6SHEXNS00 Refrigerator Door Clicks Makes Noise

I have a Whirlpool Gold Conquest Refrigerator Model GS6SHEXNS00 that was manufactured in 2005. Every time I open or close the door it clicks really loud. Like wake sleeping children loud. It is a side by side and I have studied both doors and found out how they seem to work. After looking at parts on repair clinic I think I have learned the correct terms for the parts so here we go.

The clicking noise is coming from the refrigerator door side not the freezer side. It seems to be caused by the Lower cam for the bottom of refrigerator door hinge screw which was very loose. I have tried tightening it but I can not figure out how to get a wrench or ratchet on the screw. All of the wrenches or sockets I have seem to be too big to fit in place properly to get a good tight grip on the screw to get it nice and snug. As a result the clicking is a little quieter but has not stopped and I can still see the lower cam moving around when the door is opened or closed. How do I tighten it down? Could it be that I need to replace the cam and screw? The parts are only about $11 but I'm not sure how to get them out and replace them with out some sort of exploded view of the door components. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-09, 10:17 AM
A
I have a similar model fridge also made by whirlpool. I had the same clicking problem with our fridge. You are on the right track in tightening down the cam. In fact, I was trying to figure this out myself, and found that your post led me to try tightening it, which did the trick. I used a 5/16 combo wrench with the box-end side. The wrench was offset a little so it fit right down into the recessed area nicely. Got it tightened up and no more clicking.

Old 07-30-09, 11:17 AM
C
Well we finally fixed the problem. My husband took the door off and that made the screw easy to access. The door was easy to remove. Problem fixed yeah.

Old 07-30-09, 05:34 PM
D
Thanks for the feedback.

lllkjjjjjj