kenmore elite electric he3 model 110-82822102 wont heat!

Old 06-11-09, 07:27 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kenmore elite electric he3 model 110-82822102 wont heat!

My dryer went on the fritz yesterday...no heat. Everything else works...I tried cutting power to re-set, checking for plugs, and using different heat settings and swithching between manual and auto dry...nothing. Any ideas?? I am pretty good DIY, but not with electricity and meters, just don;t know how they work!......

Old 06-11-09, 09:58 AM
remove the front lower panel and then unplug dryer and measure resistance at heater element. should be 10 ohms. if thats ok then its most likely the thermal cut off at the rear of the heater box. should be about 0 ohms.

Old 06-11-09, 04:40 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Checking for plugs? You mean as in lint? I was thinking electrical plugs. But that (lint) is probably what you meant. Check for 240 volts at the recepticle first. Dryers can turn on 120. Many people that have fuses rather than circuit breakers have spent time needlessly diagnosing, only to find one of the 2 fuses burned.

Old 06-11-09, 05:34 PM
R
I have breakers, they are fine..and yes plugged lint...have the lower panel off...TONS of lint in there...probably a cause at some point...ohms, volts, etc....I am not well versed in these, but could be....ohms are a popular venacular here, and I understand resisitance....no power, supply it with an ohm meter, and check what happens then....just have never done it. I have looked at some other posts here, and they have just started replacing stuff....kind of my way at some point, but I want to be smarter, and learn...if someone helps me through it.....I will be here vaccuming lint out, and checking back....thank you all!!

Old 06-11-09, 06:22 PM
R
new piece of news....there was a TON of lint inside the dryer....we had a birds nest at one point in the vent that went un noticed for a while...the vent is all clear now....the lint on top of the housing that has the heating coils was scorched...probably not a good thing right???...all the lint is cleared out now....saw a thread about a high temp cutoff that has to be replace if it is triggered??

Old 06-11-09, 09:27 PM
D
the thermal fuse is probably blown, there's also a thermal cut-off and a thermostat which are usually replaced at the same time. check the element as well to make sure it didn't burn up.

thermal fuse part # 3392519 $14.50 at sears

kit # 279973 includes the thermal-cut off and the thermostat together $25 at sears

if you need it the element is # 3387747 $57.50 at sears

Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com

let us know how you make out. thanks.

Old 06-11-09, 09:40 PM
its not the thermal fuse. if it was bad then the motor would not turn. my moneys on the element. measure the resistance before you buy any parts

Old 06-12-09, 06:38 AM
R
OK.......how do I do that?? I know the dryer is unplugged, and I have access tot he coils.........what then? Where do I touch the 2 probes....sorry for being a nube on electricity...I need to take a class on basics of using an electrical tester.

Old 06-12-09, 06:40 AM
R
also...how do I take the element out on this model...obviously nothing in the users manual...anyone have a link to a blow up??

Old 06-12-09, 08:33 AM
R
OK put OHM meter on each of the coil wires right from connector, and it didn't move..stayed at infinity....the housing registered 0....it is unplugged of course...does that mean the coils are toasted??

Old 06-12-09, 01:55 PM
yes it is bad. you need to remove the shield in front of the element then remove the 1/4" screw that is half an inch behind the wire connectors. with gloves on put right hand on heater box and pull element out with left hand.

Old 06-12-09, 08:04 PM
R
OMG...thank you all!!!!!!!!!....it works..I feel like Tom Hanks on Castaway..."I have made fire!".....little things make me happy, but nothing more than fixing something myself!!! Expensive little bugger, and hour wait at the sears service center..cold have got in E-bay for half, but the dear wife needs her machine...thanks again!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: