kenmore dishwasher problem!

Old 06-15-09, 08:38 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
kenmore dishwasher problem!

my kenmore quietguard model number 58715182402 has the clean light go on it will work one cycle if i shut off the breaker to reset the power after the one cycle it goes to clean and just stays there i have cleaned it the best i can is there something simple i am missing any help would be aprecaited

Old 06-16-09, 07:45 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Is this machine digital? No timer knob you turn? If so, could be timer, a bad wire connection problem, or control board.

Trying to diagnose a bad control board is about impossible except for the factory that makes them. And they might use oscilliscopes and other specialty equipment, in testing. Generally, one has to rule out other mechanial failures and then suspect the board.

It helps to be able to somewhat be able to read the electrical schematic, which may be located inside the toe-kick of the appliance. And to have a multi-meter to test with.

I have to admit I am behind the times with all these appliances that now are digital/control boards. There are a lot of control board failures in everything that has control boards, unfortunately. That I do know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: