Question about refrigerator/freezer door gasket

Old 07-21-09, 10:21 AM
SBI
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question about refrigerator/freezer door gasket

Hello,

Is it normal for a top-freezer door seal, as well as the freezer door opening (not the door itself; the frame on the main fridge door) to get hot? The door seal is warm, but the door opening itself is really hot to a level of uncomfortable to touch.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-09, 11:59 AM
yes however if it's real hot check the temp in the freezer section with a thermometer.

Old 07-22-09, 04:46 PM
SBI
Thanks for your response.

I was worried because in addition to hot seal I had a feeling that the motor never stops. Everything in the freezer is dead frozen except of the ice cream which really soft.

In any case, we did clear some clatter above the fridge (the usual "warehouse") and I also vacuumed underneath around the coil. I also made sure the freezer is not too full for good circulation.
Not sure what did the trick, but the hot seal/frame are gone and the motor does stop

Temp. in the freezer is around -13 C and in the fridge is 3-4 C. I know the fridge is OK, but isn't the freezer is a bit too low?

Old 07-22-09, 05:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by SBI View Post
Thanks for your response.

I was worried because in addition to hot seal I had a feeling that the motor never stops. Everything in the freezer is dead frozen except of the ice cream which really soft.

In any case, we did clear some clatter above the fridge (the usual "warehouse") and I also vacuumed underneath around the coil. I also made sure the freezer is not too full for good circulation.
Not sure what did the trick, but the hot seal/frame are gone and the motor does stop

Temp. in the freezer is around -13 C and in the fridge is 3-4 C. I know the fridge is OK, but isn't the freezer is a bit too low?
If the hot coils underneath get too hot, say that they are plugged around them with dust, that could have possibly done it. And if the ambient temp in the house was kinda hot and humid, that also.