does not aggitate

Old 08-23-09, 02:49 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool does not aggitate

the model fws933 fs2, s/n xc80404800 will not aggitate. will complete all other cyles, fill/drain,spin, rinse turn on and off, but will not aggitate. have done a visual insp. without removing any parts,all looks good no visible leaks,bent or buckled parts. believe it may be splines on tranny to aggitator, but not sure how to check that. thanks for the help rich

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-09, 03:30 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
don't know how to fix the washer but I'll loan you my wife. She agitates the hell out of me Figure she could stand in for your agitator that isn't working.

Old 08-23-09, 05:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
Most likely you need a transmission but take off top of agitator and remove bolt there. take agitator out. Make sure the bolt was tight and splined shaft is ok.

Old 08-23-09, 08:50 PM
B
won't aggitate

Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
Most likely you need a transmission but take off top of agitator and remove bolt there. take agitator out. Make sure the bolt was tight and splined shaft is ok.
thanks that all looked good. but there are no plastic splines anywhere that could have been nawed up ? thanks again. guess it's new washer time, frigidare will not be a choice.

Old 08-23-09, 08:54 PM
B
Originally Posted by nap View Post
don't know how to fix the washer but I'll loan you my wife. She agitates the hell out of me Figure she could stand in for your agitator that isn't working.
millions of people out of work and you come to this web site to be a comedian ! sorry i see no humor in your response. i'm looking for advice not bs from a stay at home mom.

Old 08-23-09, 09:42 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bassrich View Post
millions of people out of work and you come to this web site to be a comedian ! sorry i see no humor in your response. i'm looking for advice not bs from a stay at home mom.

I have nearly 4000 posts helping people and I post one joke and I get grief. Geesh, lighten up.

Old 08-24-09, 03:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
I only recommend Whrilpool built machines (Kenmore, Roper and some other store brand names)

Old 08-24-09, 03:46 AM
take front off and see if belt is turning when its supposed to be agitating. if not see if you can turn the big pulley both directions by hand