Kenmore 70 series washer stops,starts,stops

Old 11-09-09, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 70 series washer stops,starts,stops

I have a Kenmore 70 series,top load washer,model#11020722990,that stops and starts several times during cycle. It seems to need to "cool down" for a few min. before it will start again. What should I be looking for?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-09, 04:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
I think it's the motor. Dose it may any noises brfore it quits or when it starts?

Old 11-09-09, 05:56 PM
Lightbulb

I haven't noticed anything abnormal, but it doesn't run for very long. I did notice house lights dim when washer is 1st turned on, like motor is drawing excessive amperage

Old 11-10-09, 04:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
read Last post under spin problem, Sounds like same problem, Try to take motor off and lay it on floor and pt it in spin and see if it quits,

Old 11-10-09, 05:22 AM
motor is getting too hot and thermal overload is opening. could be motor or timer, difficult to tell which one. try it on different speeds

Old 11-10-09, 04:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Raleigh Guys - what do you think of the possibility that since his lights dim, that the machine is in a bind, causing the motor to not freely turn as easy as it normally should? And on his machine, what can he do in the way of say manually trying to turn it each way in perhaps certain cycle setings?(perhaps both with and without the motor hooked up), to see if it can turn CW or CCW with or without too much difficulty? If say he were to go out and buy a motor and he had an underlying problem, that sure be a shame.

Could be various things from bearings going, to articles of clothes or straps, where they should not be.

Old 11-11-09, 04:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There could be something under the basket, Trying to narrow that down by taking motor off, Motor off 2 minutes basket 15 minutes and need spanner wrench.