Kenmore washing machine, not agitating

Old 12-16-09, 08:05 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washing machine, not agitating

Hello,

I have a Kenmore top-load, direct drive washing machine that has stopped working. Specifically, the agitator is not functioning. First I replaced the agitator dogs. Secondly, I checked out the coupler; it's fine.

In the spin and rinse cycle, I can hear a clicking/grinding sound. Like I said though, the agitator is not turning. Water does drain out though.

Any idea what it may be? Clutch? shot transmission?

Old 12-17-09, 12:25 AM
D
New information

After reassembly, the agitator works fine. However, in the spin cycle, the drum is not spinning. Additionally, a faint, clicking-like sounds can be heard. Any ideas? thanks

Old 12-17-09, 04:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Check the lid switch 1st. When you were in washer did you see a oil streal about 6 inches from the floor inside cabinet?? if you did you need a gearcase and clutch.

Old 12-17-09, 05:04 AM
is the motor turning in spin? how about the clutch disk? if the motor is not turning try it with the pump off the motor

Old 12-17-09, 12:27 PM
D
When I was done there looking at the clutch, I did get a bit of oil on my. There was however, none on the floor.

I have been trying to remove the spanner nut but that is a tough one. It is more complicated because the basket spins as I try to unscrew the nut and I am guessing it is not suppose to do that.

Does the fact that the basket is spinning as I try to remove the nut point to the problem?

Old 12-17-09, 03:26 PM
why are you trying to remove the nut? do you have the spanner nut wrench tool to get it back tight again?

you can see the drive basket tabs in the block?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: