Maytag Clothes Washer Problem

Old 01-10-10, 10:46 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag Clothes Washer Problem

I have a very old Maytag Clothes Washer, Mdl A512-
Series 02. I am guesstimating age at circa early 1980s. It has been a workhorse without issue until this morning. Following completion of a wash cycle , I found puddle of water under/around washer. Not certain if weather could cause a problem but it has been in mid to high teens low for my location about five days. The water did not come from a waste pipe overflow. I am not a real DIYourselfer. I do have a good old time repairman that knows appliances real well. Anything though that I might look for? I thought about running another load of wash to see how washer performed. Any comment?

Thanks for reading and all advice/replies.

TD

Old 01-11-10, 02:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Did the water look like it came from the left side as you are look at washer? Ther is a anti siphon divice that leaks there. Easy repair if you want to do it. Let us know

Old 01-11-10, 04:25 AM
the part pugs is talking about is called an injector valve. it lets water flow only one way and i too would check that first. remove front panel. may have to rotate panel upwards after removing 2 screws. then turn it to fill and see if it leaks.

Old 01-11-10, 05:21 AM
T
Hey Fellows

Thanks for the replies. I assume you know each other.

can't really say about location of leak altho it appears water was in middle to left side of washer.

you will need to walk me through this.

there are two screws-one on each side-near the bottom of the frt panel. those are the correct ones to remove?

then what?

thanks again.

TD

Old 01-11-10, 09:43 AM
T
Just wanted to report that my local appliance repairman just left the house. The leak was from a part called an air gap/nozzle that sits up top on the left side of the washer tub. Certain this was original to the washer. That's pretty good for nearly thirty years old. The part was about three inches long with some type of plastic insert. My repairman said parts even for a mdl this vintage are readily available.

Old 01-11-10, 03:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Same part we were talking about. 2 to 3 inch black tube.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: