Maytag Neptune TL (top load washer bearings)

Old 03-02-10, 05:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Maytag Neptune TL (top load washer bearings)

Group,

I've seen many posts regarding the Neptune's and am also looking for the bearing and seal kit for my top loader

FAV6800AWW

Most sources say you now have to buy the outer drum and bearing assy to the tune of $500.

A new Paykel Fisher is only $599.

Sad thing is, I like the Neptune.

Anybody ever repair one of these using stock NAPA parts?
Timken bearings, etc...

Suitable replacements. $500 seems an aweful lot for plastic garbage can with a couple wheel bearings in it.

Ideas???

Old 03-02-10, 07:39 PM
J
My advice is to replace this washer with another.

The Maytag Neptune TL (Top Load) agitatorless washer was quite possibly THE worst washer design in 40 or 50 years.

This washer was terminated by Maytag after just two years of production--with *extreme* prejudice.

Old 03-03-10, 03:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Could not agree with John more, probably the worst of a long line of bad maytags.

Old 03-03-10, 04:27 PM
Neptune TL Woes

Thanks guys. Sad part is it's only 5yrs old, which from reading many posts, I got a good run out of it. May had issues after a year or two.

It's simply insult to injury (criminal ??) that Maytag can charge close to 500 bones for an outer tub assy.

I tried to haggle a price with a number of sources who just claimed the price is vendor set.

I'm stuck looking for an agitatorless top loader as we have bulky stuff to wash and our 1st floor framing shakes too much with front loaders on spin. Tried that once, won't go there again.

I was considering a Fisher Paykel, but have read some troubleome threads about that brand as well..

Any user feed back on the Paykel's? I'm planning to go entry to mid level. No more high end if they wont last or guarantee them more than a year.

As far as the Neptune goes I might part it out on Upillar.com to defray the cost of the next machine, and use the Mossberg on the remains.

Cheers!

Old 03-05-10, 04:13 PM
samsung front loaders dont shake nearly as bad other ones that dont have balance rings.............

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: