I think I found a fix - but wanted confirmation.

Old 03-06-10, 09:24 PM
I think I found a fix - but wanted confirmation.

I have a Whirlpool ED5VHGXMB10 refridgerator that is not making ice.
But after investigating further, I determined that the wheel (that is exposed behind the front cover) will not stay attached therefore not making contact. I found this out when I pushed in on the wheel and it started turning and the arm ejector started to turn as well. It pushed the existing frozen ice into the container and went all the way through a cycle (including the new water coming in).
So my thought is this: there is a white peg coming through the center of the wheel. The end of that peg (which I think holds the wheel in place) is broken. Is this the end of the arm ejector? And is this an easy fix?
I was looking at:
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Ejector, part number: AP2936247

Thank you, Kent

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-10, 09:31 PM
You will need to replace the ice maker module:

Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Motor-module, part number: AP3177342

All you really need is the module.

Old 03-07-10, 12:38 PM
So you think the Ice Maker control module needs to be replaced as well as the ejector arm?
When I press in on the white wheel, it makes contact and it starts turning and even goes through a whole cycle.

Do you think only the ejector arm could be replaced since the end of it (what is sticking through the white wheel) is what is broken? I was thinking this was what was causing the white wheel to not stay on properly?
Thanks.

Old 03-07-10, 03:36 PM
The ejector arm does not go all the way through. It connects to the back of the module. The module gear support/drive is what is broken.

Old 03-07-10, 10:06 PM
Thank you. Worked like a charm. I actually had an older refridg in the garage that had an ice maker with the same module and switched the two out.
Thanks again.