dishwash advice

Old 03-07-10, 12:46 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dishwash advice

I have a question about dishwasher. My wife has been after me for awhile for a dishwasher. Well her latest thing now, is that a dishwasher would use less water, then she does. Is this a fact, or is she trying to get over on me.

Old 03-07-10, 04:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Give in. It ain't just the amount of water that she will save, and it will save a bunch of water. It's about convenience, super cleaning, disinfecting, and other benefits that I could list. She will run about 5 gallons into the sink for the initial wash, then run another 5 gallons over the dishes to rinse them. The dishwasher will probably use 4 gallons in total to wash and rinse. Something to consider if you are on a well. 6 gallon savings per day. That allows you enough to take an extra shower now and again JK.
No need to resist, go for it!

Old 03-07-10, 01:06 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
And I'll simply add that if she wants a dishwasher......she wants a dishwasher! Sort of like how you might want a hunting rifle (and not just your bow and arrow you currently have). Gotta make the wifey happy, you know. (And I'm not even married, but I know that much.)

Old 03-07-10, 03:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 284 Votes on 248 Posts
Now is a good time to buy a energy star dishwasher. You get that 30% rebate to boot. Do some good research about which model to buy. A good rule of thumb is anything less than 4 out of 5 stars on an internet review is a no buy.

Old 03-18-10, 06:43 PM
I'm on the search for a new dishwasher also. The old 20 year old Kenmore is on it's last leg so I'm on the search for a new one. Where do you get these reviews looking for 4 or 5 stars? Didn't find out much when I used Google. Any recommendations for best brands in the $400 to $600 range? Thanks

Old 03-18-10, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Edward074 View Post
Is this a fact, or is she trying to get over on me.
Whatever else you want to believe, they do use a small fixed amount of water. And soap. And they do a super job. Filling and sloshing everything from stock pots to teacups just to rinse is bound to use up more water than a dishwasher.
Or maybe that's just the way I do dishes.

I'd get it, it might lead to tastier meals since your wife won't be concerned about the amount of cleanup afterward.

It's still more valid than me telling my wife that I need a 12" sliding compound miter saw, because it will help me get stuff done faster.

Originally Posted by tucats View Post
Where do you get these reviews looking for 4 or 5 stars? ... Any recommendations for best brands in the $400 to $600 range?
Go to amazon.com just to browse and you'll get reviews at the bottom of each product page. Even if you'll buy it at a store.
Or go to epinions.com.
Which also answers your second question, since you can browse by price range as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: