dishwasher soap door not opening

Old 05-06-10, 08:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question dishwasher soap door not opening

Okay...I have a dishwasher that is not cleaning..meaning the little soap dispenser is not opening to let out the little soap ball. Have tried 3 times. First time the soap ball was on the dishes not broken, second time ran in normal wash (which is usual) and door did not open, third ran it in heavy was (just to see) and again did not open. hmmm...what could be the problem you think?

Old 05-06-10, 03:04 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Is this a new thing for you - these detergent balls? Do you find the door still closed after the complete cycle is done?

Old 05-06-10, 04:07 PM
no not new, have been using them for awhile. the fist time the door was open and the ball was sitting on top of a dish unbroken, the second & third time I did not wait until it was completely finished, but waited until after the wash cycle was done and the door was not open. When does it usually open in the cycles?

Old 05-06-10, 04:17 PM
E
There may be several wash cycles. It is at least the second wash cycle that it opens. On a dishwasher I similarly tested, I remember that with the machine in OFF at 12 o'clock position, it took til about the 4 o'clock position before it finally opened the door. The first wash cycle relies on you adding soap to the open compartment on the door. As soon as you close the door, the soap obviously falls inside, for the first wash cycle.

Old 05-12-10, 11:32 AM
okay so soap dispenser is opening but dishes not getting clean... seeing some soap hangin around after the bath is done. What can I do about this besides washing by hand?

Old 05-12-10, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Have you tried just using liquid or powder detergent, rather than this ball? Maybe the water is not getting hot enough to open or melt the ball (I'm not familiar with this ball thing).

Old 05-12-10, 03:48 PM
E
Is the water hot?

What super mod said.

Is there adequate amount of water in the bottom of the dishwasher?

Is spray arm holes clear of plastic debris?

Is the sump pit below the screens clear of junk? All it takes is a little down there to screw things up, as the hole leading to the pump is not that big. Take off screens and feel down in there.

Have you whipped open the door during the wash cycle, to actually see that the spray arm is rotating? And water shooting out? (As soon as you unlatch it, this stop the machine. Therefore, you have to quickly unlatch and open at almost the same moment, to catch the spray arm shooting out water, yet on it's way to stopping.)

Old 06-05-10, 07:30 AM
okay finally able to get back to fixing things... the water is not very hot....i'm not sure what an adequate amount of water is for the bottom, but there is some. But mainly the rotating blades are not spinning. Motor gone bad??? Thats what the hubby thinks anyway. how expensive could that be vs getting a new one?
Thanks for all!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: