Dryer Stopped, Possible Motor, I have PICs

Old 06-10-10, 09:31 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dryer Stopped, Possible Motor, I have PICs

Roper RGX4634KQ2

When I try to start dryer on any setting, it just "humms" I think the problem is the motor and I will explain why, please tell me if you agree.

Pic1 shows how it should look in working condition. Spring in the middle, keeps tension on the 2 metal pieces (Red Arrows), so they push out and dont fold back in.

Pic2 shows how it looks currently. Spring has no tension because the other spring broke off. Red arrows point to the 2 metal pieces that should be pushed out.

Pic3 is detail of how the 2 metal pieces should be against the inside metal ring

Pic4 this is the other side with the missing spring. Left arrows points to where the spring would hook onto, section of metal is worn away and almost broken. Right arrow points to the missing tab, where spring would hook. ***NOTE*** I made the 2 metal pieces spread out, so you could see where the spring went.Pic5 shows how it really looks.

Pic5 without spring, the 2 metal pieces fold in.

Here comes where I think the problem is...

Pic6 the blue arrow points to a brown plastic ring, this ring is also attached to those 2 metal pieces with the springs. When both springs have tension, it keeps the brown ring up...but when that 1 spring broke, the brown ring pushed down and activated the switch (Red Arrow) and it shut the power.

Pic7 the power plug (not shown) with all the wires attaches to this switch (Red Arrow).

The metal piece that is missing the tab to hook the spring onto, can this be replaced?

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks again and hope this made some sense,
Mike S

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Pic5

Pic6

Pic7

Old 06-12-10, 02:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
if you push the push to start button and you get a hum from motor you need a motor. the staet wunding in motor is bad. May have something to do with pictures I have no idea,I Have no reason to tear a motor apart.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: