Whirlpool clothes washer leaks on spin

Old 06-29-10, 09:01 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Whirlpool clothes washer leaks on spin

Washer is about 11 years old but haven't had any problems so far - until now. Two washes ago the spin cycle during a heavy load suddenly seemed awfully louder and violent than usual, then noticed water on the floor. Thought it could be the uneven load that spilled water over. The spin was ok (clothes wrung ok). The next time (the last wash), water just flooded even during the first spin during a light load.

True it could be time to replace but before spending $$ perhaps it could be a minor fix?

I was able to download the correct service manual and managed to remove the cabinet but now need to know how to proceed. I checked the forum and got only this one that's closely related: http://forum.doityourself.com/kitche...sher-leak.html, unfortunately there was no more thread on what the root problem or solution was.

Need to know how to test for leaks - can I operate it safely without the cabinet and look out for leaks? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks to you all!

Old 06-29-10, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
with the cabinet off fill washer and look for leak (usually around water pump) If not leaking jump lid switch and put washer into spin and see where it is leaking from. Loud noise in spin could have come from basket drive worn out and basket dropped down and rubbed a hole in bottom of tub.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: