Dishwasher has no metal side panels

Old 07-23-10, 07:57 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher has no metal side panels

We noticed that our recently-installed Bosh dishwasher has no metal side panels -- instead of expected metal coverings, there is nothing showing but a bare and uncovered layer insulation.

Could this possibly be right?

The machine is not installed next to the kitchen sink. It is located under the countertop next to the refrigerator.

We noticed there was no left side panel when we pulled the refrigerator away from the wall to clean and paint behind it. The side of the dishwasher is covered by a thin layer of exposed insulation. We can assume there is no metal panel on the right side either.

This doesn't seem at all right. What if had wanted it to be installed where the right or left side would be open and visible to kitchen traffic? With nothing but bare insulation showing, it would look ridiculous.

Or maybe it's me that is looking ridiculous. Maybe I should have enough common sense to know that all dishwashers have no metal side panels covering the layer of insulation?

Nah! I don't think so.

Will sincerely appreciate answers and comments. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-10, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
That's what all undercounter DWs look like. If it is located at the end of a counter...a blank panel is put at the end of the cabinets.

The only DWs that have full covers are the portable type....at least in my 40 yrs of paying attention.

Old 07-23-10, 09:21 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks DIY

Thanks moderator Gunguy45 for the quick and comforting response. We're happy and relieved to know that DWs come that way and side panels were not missing.

Thanks again.

This DIY forum provides a much need service and is always, and sometimes the only place, to find an answer to a consumer question.