Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

Kenmore HE2 front load washer used for several (not stuffed in tub) small rugs

Old 11-08-10, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

For the first time, I washed all the small bathroom rugs together. I usually wash towels with a small rug or two.

The washer stopped in the middle of the cycle with all the lights flashing.

I turned it off, then turned it back on to get the door unlocked so I could investigate the problem.

After removing the rugs, the tub was about 1/4 full of water and seemed a little loose. I removed the water and put a small load of light laundry.

Same thing happened.

The tub seems unstable or loose just a tiny bit and the rubber that butts up against the tub has a section about 1 1/4" that is now not flush with the rest of the rubber like a sock could get caught in it.

I've tried heavy loads and the light loads. It works fine to a point and when I remove the clothes, there is always about 1/4 of the tub with water.

This washer/dryer pairing is about 18 months old and only used for normal clothes. I don't even put tennis shoes in it. These small rugs were a little heavier than a bath towel and the tub, before starting the waher, was about 3/4 full of rugs.

Surely there is a way I can fix this without calling a repair person and paying a price for this little clitch.

Please advise and thank you. Caroline

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-10, 04:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Take off the lower panel and you will see the water pump. Take off cap and clean out the coin trap.Most likely full of rug backing or a sock. If you can tilt washer back against wall and do it that way. There is a bout 6 gallons of water in there so be sure you have a bucket to drain to.

Old 11-13-10, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I cannot unscrew the cap. Is it the only thing that looks like a cap that one can see when the panel has been removed and it's just too tightly screwd on me my strength even though I used tools or is it in a place I need to search for and find? Look like a screw cap right in front but I don't want to break anything. Please remember I know nothing about stuff like this, so please walk me through this. I found a site last night "epinion" that gave specific directions, saved the page and it wouldn't copy. Thanks

Old 11-13-10, 03:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Cap is very tight I use a pair of channel lock pliers on it. Screws on and off like a bolt, Don't forget there is a lot of water in it. If not on a pedestal pull washer out a foot or 2 and lean it back against wall. Will help with water.