GE Potscrubber 1150 motor

Old 11-14-10, 12:34 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Potscrubber 1150 motor

Hi, I have a GE potscrubber 1150 model # GSD1150P35 and the motor is bad (excessive noise) I found the replacement online AP2616850 and was wondering how hard it is to replace. Does the unit have to be removed to replace? Can I just replace the motor? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-10, 02:11 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
An easy job. You have to remove the dishwasher, as motor/pump is too low to the ground to unhook wires, hose clamps, etc. Straightforward job with no buried/hidden parts. Job from start to finish only took me about 1 hour last year on a dishwasher. When machine is out, tip it on it's front or back on a soft blanket. Real easy to get to then. Be prepared for water to come out hoses, sump and pump, so have sponge/rags ready.

Old 11-14-10, 02:46 PM
P
Thank you. My other issue is when they put the hardwood floor in they made it impossible to get the dishwasher out unless I either lift the countertop or remove the hardwood floor. Is it possible to get the motor out without removing?

Old 11-14-10, 03:03 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We have put hardwood floors in butt up to the dishwasher in many rentals. We have changed out the dishwshers in some, afterwards, without bugering the legs or lifting the counter. Did you try to lower the feet all the way? Even if you HAD to raise the counter some, that is doable, if screwed-down formica from below.