Kitchenaid Dishwasher problem

Old 11-19-10, 07:31 PM
Kitchenaid Dishwasher problem

Kids were busy this evening playing with the dishwasher while I had the back turned for a couple of minutes. By time I noticed, lights were flashing on the control panel. I assume they were entertaining themselves by pushing all the buttons. Now the lights next to the Normal cycle and cancel buttons are flashing. I tried unplugging it for 5 minutes and it will make the flashing stop, but when I push buttons to try and get it to run the 4 hour delay light comes on and when I push the normal cycle button it starts flashing again....any ideas? It is about 4 years old.

Kitchenaid dishwasher model no. KUDI02CRBS1

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-10, 02:35 PM
I figured it out on my own. Per the maintenance guide located behind the kick plate, I reset the control panel by using the diagnostic check. pressed heat dry, normal cycle, heat dry, normal cycle buttons. let it run through its buinness and everything appeared back to normal. ran through a wash cycle and looks to be back to normal.

Old 11-20-10, 02:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Maybe what set it off to begin with is the water entering the dishwasher was too cold? Many mfgers today recommend to run hot kitchen faucet before starting dishwasher, to avoid shutdown, then reset procedures.