Amana dryer LEA30AW stops cycle mid way but restarts upon reclosing door?

Old 12-12-10, 12:26 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Amana dryer LEA30AW stops cycle mid way but restarts upon reclosing door?

Hi all,
We have this 13 year old amana dryer that in the last six months started stopping the cycle mid load, but if we open and re shut the door it will start again. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the contact the door makes with the frame indicating the door is securely closed and the cycle can begin.

Is this in fact the problem and if so is it a relatively easy fix for a homeowner and what part do I need? The dryer works fine outside of this so we are not inclined to replace but don't want to spend $150 or whatever a tech would charge to come out. I have this feeling it's a relatively inexpensive, easy DIY fix.

Thanks so much for all thought regarding this issue.

Cheers,
wvdthre3

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-10, 04:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Don't open door when it stops just push it in and see if if it starts. Door latch may not holding right.

Old 12-13-10, 05:42 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pugsi,
Thanks for the reply! I open and close it but it sounds like my wife just gives it a solid bump with her knee and it starts up so maybe it is just the latch. I found this on line

Latch Assembly (part #190231) from RepairClinic.com

Are this latch pin and female socket the parts I need? They look to be a match. Is it fairly easy to do? Are there wires that connect to the female part of the "latch socket" that tell the dryer when the door is fully closed and will I need to reattach any wires or is there nothing connected to it? Thanks so much for any further assistance you may be able to provide.

Regards,
wvdthree