Whirlpool top loading washer not working

Old 12-29-10, 10:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Whirlpool top loading washer not working

We have an 8 year old top loading washer and it just stopped working. The water fills it, but it doesn't start spinning and just has a buzzing or humming sound. I tried different spin cycles and nothing happened. It just buzzes.

Any idea what this could be?

Old 12-29-10, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Sounds like you have a sock stuck in water pump. Take off cabinet and jump lid switch, Un snap water pump from motor and see if it runs. DO NOT TRY TO TAKE OFF BACK If you need help with cabinet let us know.

Old 12-29-10, 06:43 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I know how to jump the lid, but how to you take off the cabinet (actually what part of the dishwasher is the cabinet too)? Also, I seem to be able to get it going when I jump the lid and hit on the agitator. It will go until the next cycle and then stop again.

Old 12-30-10, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Let's try again, Dose the motor run, fill and drains? No agitation or spin? If that is problem than drive coupler. Give model # please. To take off cabinet Either 2plastic caps on end of console pop off to you, Screw under each cap. Lift console up and hinge back. 2 gold colored clamps 1 on each side, put screwdriver in slot and pop them off. Unplug lid switch and take cabinet off

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: