When is a dryer being used efficiently

Old 01-03-11, 02:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When is a dryer being used efficiently

You ever have one of those marriage ending arguments about who took left the cap off the maple syrup, or weather its hurts the car to downshift....sorry in advance for this question, but I can't seem to find an answer and maybe you guys will know.

The wife was putting a single shirt in the dryer.
ME - you should wait till you have enough stuff( next load of wash would be ready in 5 min)
Wife - I need this dry now
ME - If you put that in the dryer by itself, it will take longer to dry. It will actually take less time drying if you wait and fill the dryer up.
Wife - Thats stupid
Me - No really. If you fill the dryer up, the air will circulate faster through the drum and remove the moister faster.
Wife - Your stupid
Me - I'm stupid....Your the one who spilled water all over the shirt.
........and then she threw the shirt at me

So does anybody know the answer to the following:
If you put one shirt in a dryer and in another dryer you fill it up with the same kind of shirts, which load would dry faster.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this topic.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-11, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
I'd lay odds that it would be the single shirt. You are putting the same amount of heat and air thru the drum and removing much less moisture.

Only issue I see would be if the shirt flattened against the drum and didn't tumble.

Of course it's very inefficient since much of the heat is just blowing thru w/o removing any moisture.

btw...how long have you been married? You know it's a lose-lose...even if you are right, don't 'cha? lol

Old 01-03-11, 02:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 41 Posts
Seems like a simple concept - the less moisture needing to be removed, the less time it will take

Never tested the theory, however....

You know the real answer though is either keep your mouth shut about how she does the laundry or take over doing it, right?

Old 01-03-11, 02:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
I'd lay odds that it would be the single shirt.

btw...how long have you been married? You know it's a lose-lose...even if you are right, don't 'cha? lol

I gotta agree, it's a a lose lose

Old 01-03-11, 05:06 PM
From Gunguy45
btw...how long have you been married? You know it's a lose-lose...even if you are right, don't 'cha?

Bish80
I've been married 12 years. I know I have to pick my battles better, but sometimes pride just gets in the way. Also, she also really smart, like valedictorian smart, so it kinda hard to bs her. Thanks for the comments guys.