Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

Water called for ice maker dispenes thru water dispenser and leaks onto floor.

Old 03-17-11, 10:45 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I replaced the water filter on my Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator (MODEL# FRS26KF6EMB) on yesterday because the ice maker no longer produced ice and I wasn't getting water from the dispenser. After replacing the filter and priming, I'm now getting water from the dispenser but ice maker still not making ice. On top of that, a new problem emerged. Every now and then I hear a humming sound, after which (without pressing the water dispensing paddle) water comes out the dispenser and spills onto the floor. This only happens when the ice maker's "Wire Signal Arm" is in the "ON" position. I'm assuming that when the ice maker demands water to produce ice, instead of going to the ice maker, the water goes to and comes out of the water dispenser and spills onto the floor. So to prevent water from dispensing in this manner, I've placed the "Wire Signal Arm" to the "OFF" position. Please help me troubleshoot/correct issue. The model number is: FRS26KF6EMB. About every 10 to 15 minutes when the ice maker calls for water to make the ice cubes, instead of the water going to the ice maker tray, it somehow gets dispensed out through the water dispenser and thus spills onto the floor. I know this may be a tough one to understand but I explained it the best way I could.

Old 03-20-11, 03:58 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thats an odd one. Only suggestion I have is to check the wires to the dual water valve on back of fridge where water line is connected. Somehow the power for icemaker valve is going to dispenser valve. Might be 2 wires shorted together?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: