Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

LG stackable dryer makes loud banging sound for 5 seconds then turns back off

Old 04-29-11, 04:11 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have an LG Tromm series stackable dryer model # DLE5955g. I went to start it this morning and it made a horrible banging noise for about five second and turned off. It looked like the drum was turning alittle slower as well. I reached in and turned the deum by hand a couple times and tried it again with the same results. im am fairly mechanicly inclined and was hoping some could tell me how to open this thing up and take a looksee.
thanx
mike

Old 04-30-11, 03:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
UNPLUG DRYER FIRST
I would guess that you have something stuck in blower wheel. Hardest part is to unstack dryer. Take top off, remove control panel, unplug door switch and remove 2 screws in lint chute inside door. take 4 screws holding front on and take front off. take off lint chute and see if anything in blower. If not than you can remove belt and take drum out. Look at how belt is routed first please keep us posted

Old 05-01-11, 08:43 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ah ha I always wondered where those infamous missing socks ended up. Now i know they were'nt getting pooped out in the yard by the dogs. thanks for the help pugsl. i love this website!
mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: