GE refrigerator not working.

Old 05-26-11, 07:32 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE refrigerator not working.

I have an 11 year old GE Refrigerator model no. TDC18PAAWW. The freezer, which is on the bottom, works fine. The freezer control is set at C and the fridge control is set at 5. For a few months the fridge has been working off and on and now won't work at all. For the last few weeks I was able to coax it to work by shutting it off for about 20 minutes. When I turned it back on, sometimes it would work, sometimes not. When I did get it to work, after it went through the defrost cycle, it stopped working and I had to coax it again. I did remove the plate at the bottom front and vacuum the front of the coils which did have a lot of dust and cat hair and I did pull the unit out and clean the floor underneath it which also had a lot of dust and cat hair. I did not purchase the long brush to further clean the coils.

Any one know what the problem is?

Thank you.

Linda

Old 05-29-11, 04:18 PM
M
I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but the first thing I'd do is check Appliances & Accessories Recall List | WeMakeItSafer to make sure it hasn't been recalled so your not wasting your time.

Old 05-31-11, 06:37 AM
L
It turned out to be a loose fan blade. All better now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: