Frigidaire front loading washing machine

Old 05-29-11, 08:37 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire front loading washing machine

My Frigidaire front loading washing machine, model FWTR445RFS1, will not empty the water nor do the spin cycle. Its at least 6 years old. I think it needs a belt, but it does tumble, so maybe not.

I know I have to call a repairman, but want to have a little knowledge to believe his opinions. Anything I should be aware of or be careful of?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-11, 04:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 56 Posts
Sounds like the pump is clogged or bad. Water is still in tub and will not spin is common problem. If no water and will not spin than usually the door lock is bad. You did not post model # so I can't tell if yours has a trap in hose from tub to pump. If I find one there I always throw it away. They just put it in a few and found out they were more trouble than fixes.

Old 05-30-11, 04:20 PM
A
Thanks for your help. The model was listed but not obvious enough, I guess. It is model FWTR445RFS1. Is there a way I can check to see if it is the pump that is clogged?

Old 05-30-11, 06:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry my fault on model# traveling and did not see it. Your washer dose not have the trap in it. Dose the washer have water in it? I it dose you have to take lower panel off and disconnect hoses to pump to see if there is something stuck in pump. I use a wet dry vac to drain water out, Suck it out through drain hose. Careful there is about 6 gallons of water there. If nothing stuck in pump you will need a pump.
If no water most likely door lock.

Old 05-30-11, 07:03 PM
A
Thanks for your quick reply. Earlier today, I syphoned as much water out as I could and then I used a wet vac on the drain hose. So, now I will look at the pump and hopefully it is just plugged up. Thanks again.

Last edited by aterrycalif; 05-30-11 at 07:04 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-02-11, 03:26 PM
A
I finally had the time to look at the pump. I opened the front panel and I disconnected the hose from the tub to the pump and the drainpipe hose from the pump. The pump opening is faced away from me (toward the back of the machine) so I can't see into it, but I did put my finger in. I didn't feel any junk in there and I could manually spin the little wheel thing. The hose coming from the tub starts off like a regular round hose and then has a larger, squarish part that angles down before the hookup to the pump. In it I found 3 dimes, a nickel, a penny and a rusty screw, which I removed. Do you think those items in that place could cause the problem? I thought there would be a dog hairball or a sock or something larger. Can you tell me anything else to look at before I put the thing together again to see if it will work now? Should I actually take the pump out and look inside?

Old 06-02-11, 04:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You put finger into hole and turned impeller pump is free and nothing stuck in it. I would put hoses back on and fill it with water. Turn knob to spin with front off and see it water pumps out. Square thing in hose from pump to tub is a coin trap, Screw in there may have gotten into pump and stopped it.
You can plug in wires to pump and hear pump run. Impeller can get loose on motor shaft and not pump water out.