Kenmore washer just fills and stops

Old 06-23-11, 10:56 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washer just fills and stops

I have a kenmore washer mod#110.25862400. The water will fill the tub and stop. It does not make any noise at all. Just prior to this it has gotten a bit more noisey than usual. I have checked the switch and it is not loose. but it is hard to tell it could just not be working. any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-11, 04:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
What switch did you check? Is this a fairly new washer (less than 5years old.) Ifit is than it sounds like the lid switch is bad.

Old 06-24-11, 05:23 AM
P
I done remember when i got it but is is more than 5 yrs old. I had read that the switch that ingages when the lid closes sometimes is loose so I looked at that and it seems solid and tight. I guess i will get a new lid switch it is as good of place as any to start the repair. are they difficult to install???

Old 06-24-11, 04:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
. On top under lid is a slot that is the switch. Put washer in spin and turn on put hand under switch and pull body of switch up. Use a pen or screwdriver and push down on lever thorough slot while holding switch. If spins now switch is bad. Try this first,
If more than 5 years old and dose nothing take off cabinet and wiggle the white wire to the motor while in thw ashs cycle. That is the neutral wire and sometimes comes loose and motor will not run.
Here is a link to what I think your problem is
Whirpool Drive-Coupling Replacement
Just use the part to take cabinet off

Old 06-25-11, 08:36 AM
P
I did the test you suggested

I did as you suggested lifting up on the switch while in the spin cycle. When I put the screw driver in the hole it did begin to spin....I thought this is great I can at least get the water ou of the tub to do the repair. It did not spin long enough to empty the tub of all the water though. I have already replaced the drive coupling in April of 2010. Do they go out quickly I probably only do 3 loads of laundry a week on average. Do you think it is only the switch.

Old 06-25-11, 02:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes you most likely started the spin close to the end of cycle. Just redo to finish draining.

Old 06-26-11, 02:59 PM
P
Pugsl you are the best!!

It was the lid switch just like you thought. Not a problem to change out. I found several "How to's" on the internet. Thank you very much......guess I'll go do some laundry now.

Old 06-27-11, 04:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thank You always nice to know we helped.