Whirlpool dishwasher stopped working

Old 07-08-11, 10:21 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool dishwasher stopped working

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model #DU1055XTVQ1 not even2 years old. Last night I started the dishwasher, worked fine. Went back to the kitchen clean light was flashing, dishes halfed washed. Buttons won't work.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-11, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If this model is microprocessor controlled, you might try shutting off the power (throwing the circuit breaker that serves the dishwasher) for several minutes, then turning it back on. Oftentimes, this will reset the microprocessor if it's become hung up.

Old 07-09-11, 10:05 PM
P
Similar issue with our 10 year old Maytag this evening. Unit was clogged & full of a gallon or two of water. Tried Rinse cycle, turned itself off. Took everything apart and cleaned it, no response from any button on the panel. Turned the breaker off for five minutes, no improvement. I feel like I'm missing something simple. Is there some sort of water sensor that may need to cleaned? Any other kind of reset?

Getting the kids to empty the dishwasher is a battle in our house, hate to think of having to get them to wash or dry all the dishes for three days. - HELP

Old 07-10-11, 12:19 PM
P
Tapped on the control panel and it flashed, went down the road to exploratory surgery...
Got to the board, sound some heat marks on the board from what looked like an overheated resistor. Then found some unknown components with legs that had desoldered - found the soldering iron. Appears to have done the trick. - At least it's running now.