Whirlpool dryer is not heating

Old 07-11-11, 07:10 PM
Gia
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool dryer is not heating

I have a Whirlpool Heavy Duty Electric dryer (model LE5800XSW3). It's tumbling but no heat. Please help!!

Old 07-12-11, 04:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
UNPLUG DRYER FIRST
You will have to take back off dryer and check the heater element and 2 thermostats mounted on it. They should have continuity. After you find out what wrong and fix it than clean the vent to outside or you will have problem again.
If more help need let us know or if you have fixed it.

Old 07-24-11, 08:37 AM
Gia
I got the heating coil out and sure enough it was cracked and also one of the fuses (thermal fuse) was not working. When I ordered the thermal fuse it came with the high limit thermostat. So we replaced everything and now I'm still not getting heat. Any other suggestions?

Old 07-24-11, 02:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check voltage at wall should be 240. recheck heater and thermostats.

Old 07-28-11, 06:03 PM
Gia
We took out the new fuses that we had put in and checked them for continuity and the thermal cut off did not have continuity. Unfortunatley we didn't check it before we put it in the dryer so we don't know if it was shipped to us not working or if the dryer triggered did something to it so it stopped working. We called the parts place and they sent us a new one. Now we are getting ready to install it but before we did we checked it with the meter and it works. Now we are double checking everything to see if everything else is working. We did check the voltage at the wall. Any suggestions on anything specific to look at? We're working on it right now so a quick answer would be most helpful.

Thankssss!!!!!

Old 07-29-11, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
usual reason hi limit thermostat goes bad is the vent to outside is clogged. clogged vent causes the dryer to overheat and burn out heater elements, thermostats or thermo fuse. Did you recheck the old one and new one to see if either had continuity?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: