Whirlpool Washing and rinsing trouble

Old 07-22-11, 09:43 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Washing and rinsing trouble

Model # WTW57ESVW0

First trouble I had is that the clothes where coming out wet after the whole rinse cycle was done. I thought that the clothes may have been too heavy. Separated the clothes into smaller groups and rinse them out a group at a time. Thought that was the end of it.

Now I loaded the washer with a new load, as soon as I pull the knob to begin a new load the washer begins agitating with no water inside
5 seconds after the washer begins to fill up with water while at the same time agitating My first worry was that the tub was going to overfill with water but thankfully it stopped and for now is washing like normal. Just don't know what will happen after the cycles are done. Hope it is still not wet.

Update, 9:12 PM: I think it may have to do with the "load sensing feature". Third load very small, the machine filled up to the top and agitated the whole time that it filled up. (It used to fill up first, agitate a few times, then continue until it had just enough water for the size of the load). Hope the observations help.

Can someone explain why the machine is acting this way?
Maybe where to begin as far as fixing the problem?

Last edited by blanquitoman; 07-22-11 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-23-11, 05:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Could be several different problems but I think most likely is the timer.

Old 07-24-11, 09:46 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Think I fixed it, the washer has now done 2 loads and had no problem.
This is what I did. I followed the same tips from this website.

washer agitates while filling (whirlpool)

I removed the control panel on top of the machine. It's EASY! Watch a 2 minute video of how to do that here: ‪Open Whirlpool WTW57ESVW Washer Cover‬‏ - YouTube.

That enabled me to tilt the control panel up so that I could see the rear of all the switches. I then pulled the 1/2" rubber hose off the back of the auto sensing switch (it's really just the back of the knob that controls the fabric softner selection). I then blew hard through that hose (heard a little gurgling) .

I then removed the switch that the 1/2" hose connected to. I did that by first unplugging the two electrical wires connected to the switch. Then twist the switch 45 degrees (either direction). It will come out easily. I took the switch out in the garage and took my air compressor and blew into the port that the rubber hose connects to (gave it three or four quick bursts of air).

I then re-installed switch in control panel by doing the "45 degree twist "thing, re-connected rubber hose, and re-connected both electrical plugs. Then clicked control panel back into place on top of the washing machine. The machine worked great!

I put the hose clamp on the pressure switch tube and tried running the washer again, worked perfectly. I think that is the root of everyone's problem here, whirlpool saved 3 cents on a part and everyone is out there buying 60 dollar sensors because of it. The tube goes to a PRESSURE sensor, air can't leak out of it at the top or it serves no purpose. That is why some people on here just blow into it and it may or may not fix it, and some people buy a 60 dollar part and it still may or may not work, just make sure the hose is connected and sealed and problem will resolve it's self.

Looks like a common problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: